[squid-users] SSL Bump Failures with Google and Wikipedia [SOLVED]

L A Walsh squid-user at tlinx.org
Sun Oct 1 23:46:05 UTC 2017

Jeffrey Merkey wrote:

> One caveat about this I discovered that there are quite a few websites
> which completely ignore the Accept-Encoding request header and just go
> ahead and send gzip html data even when you tell it not to.  Oh well,
> back to the drawing board.

---
    But didn't your bump problems only happen on google and wikipedia?
If your solution works there...isn't that all that is needed?

    BTW, I'm responding, as I'm going to try your fix with a similar problem
I'm seeing in Opera.  Opera complains about the (bumped) security on
google --
not sure about wikipedia -- but tween FF and Opera, only Opera complained --
but it said both certs were ok (one from my local sys and one from google).

    Was a bit weird -- but I was involved in something else so didn't
persue
it.  Now am wondering if it is the same or a similar issue.

-linda