[squid-users] squid - kid registration timed out

carlos carlosd2002 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 18:32:21 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I m new to squid and i m installing it i na RHEL 7.4, squid version 3.5.20.

I have a setup with 3 squid instances listening in 3 diferent ports (but
other than they are basically the same), each instance have 4 workers.

The problem is when i restart the squid ou after some random time i get :

in cache log:
FATAL: kid3 registration timed out
Squid Cache (Version 3.5.20): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.030 seconds = 0.020 user + 0.010 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 67648 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0

in messages log:
 (squid-3): kid3 registration timed out
squid[32613]: Squid Parent: (squid-3) process 32697 exited with status 1
Squid Parent: (squid-3) process 32697 will not be restarted due to repeated,
frequent failures

The squid other than that is working as aspected.

I read in some post that they pointed to:

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpScale
net.local.dgram.recvspace: 262144
net.local.dgram.maxdgram: 16384

These parameters seems to be FreeBSD, and do not exists in RHEL, anyone had
this problem in RHEL? How to solve it?

the most near/relevant parameters that i found are:
        cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
        cat /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
     cat /proc/sys/net/unix/max_dgram_qlen

Any idea if they will solve? or any recommended value?

NOTE: not using cache (deny cache all)

Chears,
Carlos