[squid-users] filtering HTTPS sites with transparent child Squid

Stegner, Martin Martin.Stegner at coburg.de
Mon Nov 27 08:20:22 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I've set up a Squid as a transparent child-proxy. Every request is redirected to another Squid with the content filtering add-on e2guardian. I encounter the problem that the transparent child Squid only forwards IP-Addresses to the e2guardian when HTTPS is used and so e2guardian cant filter anything because it can only filter by URL.

Here are some parts of the config:

http_port 3130
http_port 3128 intercept
https_port 3129 intercept ssl-bump cert=/etc/squid/cert/squid.pem

ssl_bump splice all          (if I use any other option than splice nothing works for some reason)

cache_peer 172.16.0.252 parent 8080 0 default no-query no-digest

Is there any possibility that the transparent child Squid forwards the URL tot he main Squid proxy?

Thanks everyone
Martin

Stadt Coburg
Amt für Informations- und Kommunikationstechnik
Abteilungsleiter Systemadministration Schulen
Uferstraße 7, 96450 Coburg
Tel. 09561-89 1166
Fax 09561-89 61166
E-Mail: Martin.Stegner at coburg.de<mailto:Martin.Stegner at coburg.de>