[squid-users] Working peek/splice no longer functioning on some sites

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Sat Nov 25 12:45:59 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-11-26 at 01:33 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 26/11/17 00:52, James Lay wrote:

> > > Because you have "peek all" being performed the transaction MUST
> > > pass
> > > your regex patterns with both TLS SNI from the client *and* the
> > > server
> > > certificate SubjectName values. Either one not matching will
> > > perform
> > > that "terminate all" on the TLS handshake.
> > >
> > Thanks Amos...do you have a suggestion for changing this to match
> > one or
> > the other instead of both?
> Doing the splice check before the peek should do that. First one of
> the
> server_names data sources to match will then splice and non-matches
> fall
> through to either peek or terminate if no more peeking possible.
>
> Amos
Perfect..I've modded my lines with:
acl broken_https_sites ssl::server_name_regex
"/opt/etc/squid/broken_url.txt"
ssl_bump splice broken_https_sites
ssl_bump peek all
acl allowed_https_sites ssl::server_name_regex
"/opt/etc/squid/http_url.txt"
ssl_bump splice allowed_https_sites
ssl_bump terminate all

Hopefully that fixes these up.  Another site besides the the one this
thread is fbcdn.net.  Again, these DID work, but something within the
last month has changed...guessing Facebook and Elder Scrolls Online
have added additional TLS security.  Thanks as always Amos.
James