[squid-users] different authentication for different ports

Paul Hackmann phackmann at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 17:56:33 UTC 2017

Amos,

If the website that is being asked for is not in the whitelist, won't it
fall through and ask for authentication?  That is how it seems to work to
me.  That's why I am thinking I need 2 different ports or something to do
what I want.

PH

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>
wrote:

> On 21/11/17 05:02, Paul Hackmann wrote:
>
>> Hi all.  I've got a fairly basic squid config set up on linux.  I have
>> basic authentication set up on it to the default 3128 port, and it works
>> just fine.  I would like to keep this configuration.  However, I would like
>> to set up another port that only allows a certain whitelist of websites
>> that doesn't require or ask for authentication.  I want to set this up for
>> certain apps that don't have proxy settings built into them.  I want
>> windows to be able to connect to some sites, but not everything and if it
>> can't reach the site, I don't want it to ask for credentials.  With my
>> current configuration, it asks for credentials for any app that is trying
>> to connect to a non-whitelisted website.  Is this configuration possible
>> and do you have an example?  Sorry if this has been answered before, I am
>> very green to squid yet.
>>

> Simply place the http_access rules for handling that traffic above the
> first line which requires authentication.
>
>   http_access ... lines that dont require auth.
>
>   acl login proxy_auth REQUIRED
>   http_access deny !login
>
>   http_access ... rules for authenticated users.
>

> Amos

Paul Hackmann
Sims TV/Haven Electronics
121 N. Vine St.