[squid-users] different authentication for different ports

Paul Hackmann phackmann at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 16:02:30 UTC 2017

Hi all.  I've got a fairly basic squid config set up on linux.  I have
basic authentication set up on it to the default 3128 port, and it works
just fine.  I would like to keep this configuration.  However, I would like
to set up another port that only allows a certain whitelist of websites
that doesn't require or ask for authentication.  I want to set this up for
certain apps that don't have proxy settings built into them.  I want
windows to be able to connect to some sites, but not everything and if it
can't reach the site, I don't want it to ask for credentials.  With my
current configuration, it asks for credentials for any app that is trying
to connect to a non-whitelisted website.  Is this configuration possible
and do you have an example?  Sorry if this has been answered before, I am
very green to squid yet.

Thanks,
PH