[squid-users] Is it possible to apply squid delay pools on users/groups from AD ?

Bike dernikov1 dernikov1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 18:34:09 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 3:39 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> On 17/11/17 03:40, Bike dernikov1 wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for info, we searched for solution  but found that is not
>> possible to combine delay polls, and forum is our last hope, so far we
>> solved almost everything :)
>> We have: Squid Object Cache: Version 3.5.23, so it could  work.
>> Can you give us example, how to use it.  Colleague searched for
>> example but couldn't find it.
>> Thanks for help.
>>

> An example for username would be:
>
>  auth_param ...
>  acl login proxy_auth REQUIRED
>  http_access deny !login
>
>  delay_pools 1
>  delay_class 1 ...
>  delay_parameters 1 ...
>
>  acl slow note user Fred Bob
>  delay_access 1 allow slow
>

> For groups, the latest Kerberos auth helpers from Marcus Moeller are sending
> the SID and group details back to Squid for this. The other helpers bundled
> by Squid are not yet sending group names back.

We have 3.04sq version (when started with debug -d option i got that
line in log)

From:
http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Simple-ACL-help-for-Kerberos-authenticated-sessions-td4683281.html,
can be found that only Squid 4 have this option, if i understand correctly ?

> (I was hoping to have that ready for Squid-4, but have not had the time.
> Patches or github PR welcome if anyone wants to contribute).

I would help, but I am not even a p from programmer, nearly average or
under average admin, as can be seen from questions.
Thank for info. We would spent days before or if we would find info.