[squid-users] Is it possible to apply squid delay pools on users/groups from AD ?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Nov 17 02:39:12 UTC 2017

On 17/11/17 03:40, Bike dernikov1 wrote:
> Thanks for info, we searched for solution  but found that is not
> possible to combine delay polls, and forum is our last hope, so far we
> solved almost everything :)
> We have: Squid Object Cache: Version 3.5.23, so it could  work.
> Can you give us example, how to use it.  Colleague searched for
> example but couldn't find it.
> Thanks for help.

An example for username would be:

  auth_param ...
  acl login proxy_auth REQUIRED
  http_access deny !login

  delay_pools 1
  delay_class 1 ...
  delay_parameters 1 ...

  acl slow note user Fred Bob
  delay_access 1 allow slow

For groups, the latest Kerberos auth helpers from Marcus Moeller are
sending the SID and group details back to Squid for this. The other
helpers bundled by Squid are not yet sending group names back.

(I was hoping to have that ready for Squid-4, but have not had the time.
Patches or github PR welcome if anyone wants to contribute).