[squid-users] CONNECT + custom data

Richard Peeters richardpeeters45 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 02:09:32 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have a requirement to forward proxy an opaque stream of data. One of
the servers (acting as a client -A- to SQUID ) will use the CONNECT
method to connect to SQUID (on server B) and squid will then proxy
this data for A.

My question is I want to pass metadata from A to B which B will strip
out before proxying the data outbound, and I cannot find a way to do
that.

If this was an HTTP stream, headers could have been added by A and B
could have stripped them, but with my case I dont think even content
adaptation will help.

Can someone please advise on what feature of SQUID I should be looking
at to achieve this ot whether it is possible or not.

I have been reading documentation for less than 24 hours, please
pardon my ignorance.

Thanks,
Rich