[squid-users] Slow speedtest results

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Nov 17 00:05:27 UTC 2017

On 11/16/2017 02:53 PM, Evan Pierce wrote:
> I can't see anything but both are in production and being used while I
> was testing so generated a lot of data

Sorry, I did not realize you are using live Squids for these tests!
Combining real and test traffic makes triage a lot harder and pretty
much all of the tests I mentioned are nearly pointless on live Squids,
especially if those Squids handle substantially different traffic
streams. If there is no way to take these Squids offline for a test then

a) Consider starting a separate Squid instance (on each box) using the
otherwise default config with no memory cache and a dedicated http_port.

b) Consider fixing your overall architecture so that it becomes possible
to take any single Squid instance offline when needed without serious
effects on users.