[squid-users] block user agent

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Nov 16 17:47:52 UTC 2017

On 11/16/2017 01:44 AM, Vieri wrote:
> Let me rephrase my previous question "So why does my first example
> actually work even for https sites?" to "So why does my first example
> actually work even for https sites in an ssl-bumped setup (the same
> as in example 2)?"

AFAICT, there is not enough information to answer that or the original
question. Going forward, I recommend two steps:

1. Your "works" and "does not work" setups currently differ in at least
three variables: user agent name, slash after the user agent name, and
acl negation in http_access. Find out which single variable is
responsible for the breakage by eliminating all other differences.

2. Post two ALL,2 cache.logs, each containing a single transaction, one
for the "works" case and one for the "does not work" case polished as
discussed in #1.

HTH,