[squid-users] SQUID memory error after vm.swappines changed from 60 to 10

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Nov 16 07:58:35 UTC 2017

On 16/11/17 01:32, Bike dernikov1 wrote:

> If i can ask under same title:
> Yesterday we had error in logs: syslog, cache.log, dmesg,access.log
>
> segfault at 8 ip ....... sp ..... error 4 is squid
> process pid exited due to signal 11 with status 0
>
> Squid restarted,  that was at the end of work, and i didn't  notice
> change while surfing.
> I noticed change in used memory, after i went trough logs, and found segfault.
>
> Can you point me, how to analyze what happened.
> Can that be problem with kernel ?

How to retrieve info about these type of things is detailed at
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting>.

NP: If you do not have core files enabled, then the data from that
segfault is probably gone irretrievably. You may need to use the script
to capture segfault details from a running proxy (the 'minimal downtime'
section).