[squid-users] Proxy does not send response for internal host

tappdint akash.kumar.patel at appdirect.com
Tue Nov 14 15:19:22 UTC 2017

Amos Jeffries wrote
> You need to either;
>
>   * configure the VM running Squid to use a DNS resolver that knows what
> the internal domains are, or
>
>   * configure the DNS resolver it is using to know those internal
> hostnames, or
>
>   * configure your network using the standardized .local namespace
> intended for local hostnames and all the VMs to use m-DNS.

Just wanted to clarify/confirm. My squid and host app containers are running
locally on my mac (no VM) and the application that requests said host is the
one running in the VM. Are the 3 options you provided still valid?

For the first option I was thinking of figuring out what DNS Resolvers my
Mac uses to resolve hosts and add those to my squid.conf using the
*dns_nameservers* config (along with the existing ones already in Squid's
resolv.conf). Would that be the correct approach?