[squid-users] SQUID memory error after vm.swappines changed from 60 to 10

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Nov 9 15:03:22 UTC 2017

On 11/09/2017 06:49 AM, Bike dernikov1 wrote:
>>> On 11/08/2017 02:26 AM, Bike dernikov1 wrote:

> So why didn't swap hop in?

As I implied earlier, I do not recommend researching swap-related
details because I do not recommend using (or relying on) swap.

>> 2. Removing swap (or at least not counting on it and treating
>>  any non-trivial swap usage as a system misconfiguration).

> What to search ? Key words, vm.swappines got us in problem, as we
> tried to tune  ?

I do not understand the question. I am sure you know how to turn swap
off (i.e., completely disable it).

> We have problems with squid.conf reconfiguration, because users lose
> connection (they got squid error screen for moment) so it is nightmare
> if we changing configuration in work time.

Yes, this is a common complaint and a known Squid problem.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/AboutSquid#How_to_add_a_new_Squid_feature.2C_enhance.2C_of_fix_something.3F