[squid-users] url_rewrite_program and ACLs

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 13:05:53 UTC 2017

________________________________
From: Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>

> The shutdown time with two sequential calls should be only the time
> needed to close all the open FD connections, shutdown helpers and
> release however much memory Squid is using. All that happens in just a

> few seconds normally

I updated to version 3.5.27-20171101-re69e56c, and restarted squid with the double-shutdown trick (I didn't NEED to do it - I just couldn't wait to try it out ;-) ).

The result was acceptable. It didn't take a "few seconds", but almost 30 seconds. Still, it's a LOT better than before when I had to wait 2 or 3 minutes.

It's fair to say that there weren't as many open FDs as in my previous cases when shutting down Squid was very slow. Now, open FDs were around 7000.
A lot of mem was freed up after the restart.

Making progress.

Thanks,

Vieri