[squid-users] window media player can not play .wax file via Squid proxy

Nilesh Gavali nilesh.gavali at tcs.com
Mon Nov 6 12:22:11 UTC 2017

Hi Team.
We are having squid deployed for users which work well for browsing
internet. Recently we received complaint from some users who access one of
the vendor URL to listen audio recordings.
The procedure they follow as
login to Vendor portal URL via squid proxy
select recording option
select recording , it will get downloaded as .wax file
user open .wax file in media player after which they get error message as
unable to play media.

I checked the .wax file which contains link to media file on their same
portal URL. but window media player cant access it.

Not sure what is wrong here. I traced squid access logs and able to see
the request going to vendor portal but still window media player cant play
this file

Need urgent help if anyone work on this kind of requirement.

Thanks & Regards
Nilesh Suresh Gavali
and any attachments. Thank you