[squid-users] Squid 3.5 ICAP Problems

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Nov 3 15:40:52 UTC 2017

On 11/03/2017 08:16 AM, Flashdown wrote:

> So I guess I need to set the right debug options for you guys, but that
> would create a very big log file since it takes days or weeks until this
> issue is happening. Any suggestions on what you think how I can do
> debugging in the best way?

You can turn detailed debugging on when the problem re-appears. Search
Squid wiki for "-k debug" for a related discussion and advice.

However, for performance issues, it is best to try to isolate the
bottleneck _before_ slowing down Squid with detailed debugging. That is
difficult to do and there are no scripted actions to follow, but you can
start by logging (access.log and icap.log) various response times and
the number of open connections (/proc/ or netstat -n) to narrow down
suspects.

HTH,