[squid-users] Help troubleshooting proxy<-->client https

Masha Lifshin mlifshin at phantomdesign.com
Wed May 31 20:42:53 UTC 2017

Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply.

I have a follow up question.  What I am trying to achieve is an https
connection between the client and squid proxy, as well as listen on port 80
for http traffic, on port 443 for ssl traffic, and apply ssl-bump to the
ssl traffic.  I am having trouble expressing this in my config. Would the
http_port and https_port directives need to look like this?

http_port <ip_address>: <http://172.30.0.67:443/>80 ssl-bump
cert=/path/to/some.cert.pem generate-host-certificates=on
dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB tls-dh=/usr/local/squid/etc/dhparam.pem
https_port <ip_address>:443 <http://172.30.0.67:443/>
cert=/path/to/other.cert.pem
cipher=EECDH+ECDSA+AESGCM:EECDH+aRSA+AESGCM:EECDH+ECDSA+
SHA384:EECDH+ECDSA+SHA256:EECDH+aRSA+SHA384:EECDH+aRSA+
SHA256:EECDH+aRSA+RC4:EECDH:EDH+aRSA:!RC4:!aNULL:!eNULL:!
LOW:!3DES:!MD5:!EXP:!PSK:!SRP:!DSS

Also wondering what, if any, are the security issues with using port 80 for
the http traffic?

Thank you,
-Masha