[squid-users] CentOS6 and squid34 package ...

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu May 25 10:50:04 UTC 2017

On 25/05/17 20:19, Walter H. wrote:
> Hello
>
> what is the essential difference between the default squid package and
> this squid34 package,

Run "squid -v" to find out if there are any build options different.
Usually its just two alternative versions from the vendor.

> as I have problems using this squid34 package for FTP connections;
> there are no shown icons, when going to e.g. ftp://ftp.adobe.com/
> when I tell the browser to show the image then I get this squid
> generated message ...
>
> the same config /etc/squid/squid.conf works with the default squid
> package ...
>
> <message>
> While trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://proxy.local:3128/squid-internal-static/icons/silk/folder.png
> <http://zbox-ci323.waldinet.local:3128/squid-internal-static/icons/silk/folder.png>

Notice the port number in that URL...

> <squid.conf>
> acl localnet src 192.168.1.0/24
>
> acl SSL_ports port 443
> acl Safe_ports port 80          # http
> acl Safe_ports port 21          # ftp
> acl Safe_ports port 443         # https
> acl Safe_ports port 70          # gopher

You have removed the port range 1025-65535 from Safe_ports. So traffic
with URL port 3128 is no longer permitted.

> the apache doesn't log anything in connection with this ...

The request is for one of Squid's internal icon images. Apache has
nothing to do with those or any other squid generated content.