[squid-users] Two squid server - Would it be useful?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue May 23 22:06:05 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 23 May 2017 at 21:05:38, erdosain9 wrote:

> thanks and sorry, i have just two.
> In one of them (the more "important") i have SSO, and in the other i have
> access per ip.
> So, i need to have the two squid servers equally or not?

You configure the one the clients point to for SSO (I'm assuming that is your
"working / production" server), and you simply configure the other to accept
peer requests from the first - it will never get client requests directly.

> In the other hand I do not mind the use of bandwidth but serve as fast as
> possible.
> how i would config this??

1. Don't use Squid - just let your clients access the Internet directly.

2. If you do use Squid, use as simple a configuration as possible, and make
sure that Squid runs as efficiently as possible on the hardware you have (ie:
don't use VMs; don't run multiple instances on one machine; don't run other
CPU or disk -intensive processes on the same machine).

3. For only 110 clients, unless your hardware is remarkably old and low-
performance, just use a single proxy server.

Antony.

--
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.