[squid-users] Two squid server - Would it be useful?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue May 23 17:47:40 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 23 May 2017 at 19:19:13, erdosain9 wrote:

> Hi.
> I have working a squid server. we have 110 pc.
> I have two virtualized squids.
> One of them is working, and the other i use for testing purpose.

So, do you have two Squid instances, or three, in total?

> i want to know if i could take that of "testing purpose" and put to work
> with "cache peers or neighbors"??

Yes, you could, provided it has an appropriate configuration.

> It would be better?? it give some benefits??

Why not just try it and see (by whatever measurement you use to judge
"better")?

After all, adding a neighbour peer is only a configuration change on the Squid
server - clients don't even know about it, so it's simple to do (and undo).

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.