[squid-users] Squid works with ssl bump in intercept mode and root certificate in browser, but apps does not work

Marcus Kool marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com
Thu May 18 10:59:16 UTC 2017

You have not stated which version of Squid you are using but my guess is that it is 3.5.x.

facebook app and other apps use port 443 but do not use HTTPS and therefore Squid does not how to bump it and consequently the app does not work.

What you need is the not yet stable Squid 4.0 and use the option
    on_unsupported_protocol tunnel all
so that the non-HTTPS protocols get through without being bumped.

Marcus