[squid-users] WARNING: All 20/20 negotiateauthenticator processes are busy.

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed May 17 20:17:36 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 17 May 2017 at 20:41:06, erdosain9 wrote:

> And if i do this
>
> http_port 127.0.0.1:3128
>
> The i get this
>
> [root at squid ~]# squidclient -vv mgr:menu
> verbosity level set to 2
> Request:
> GET cache_object://localhost/menu HTTP/1.0
> Host: localhost
> Accept: */*
> Connection: close
> .
> Transport detected: IPv4-mapped  and IPv6
> Resolving localhost ...
> Connecting... localhost ([::1]:3128)
> ERROR: Cannot connect to [::1]:3128

Okay, so what happens if you do a consistent test instead:

	http_port 127.0.0.1:3128
and
	GET cache_object://127.0.0.1/menu HTTP/1.0

The fact that your machine is resolving "localhost" to the IPv6 address in
favour of the IPv4 address you specified in the Squid configuration means that
you're not testing what you configured - not helpful...

Antony.

--
I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way
is to make it so simple that there are _obviously_ no deficiencies, and the

 - C A R Hoare

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.