[squid-users] WARNING: All 20/20 negotiateauthenticator processes are busy.

Dijxie dijxie at gmail.com
Fri May 12 21:48:09 UTC 2017

W dniu 12.05.2017 o 17:30, erdosain9 pisze:
> Hi.
> Thanks!
>
> We have 100 users........... What would you think is a good "auth_param
> negotiate children"??

The one that does not gives you a warning. One of my squids has 12 users
who can kill 18 helpers and  generate 1.2GB log within one day; it all
depends on many, many things.

> I cant run squidclient
>
> [root at squid ~]# squidclient mgr:negotiate_authenticator
> ERROR: Cannot connect to [::1]:3128
> [root at squid ~]# squidclient -vv mgr:negotiate_authenticator
> verbosity level set to 2
> Request:
> GET cache_object://localhost/negotiate_authenticator HTTP/1.0
> Host: localhost
> Accept: */*
> Connection: close
>

> .
> Transport detected: IPv4-mapped  and IPv6
> Resolving localhost ...
> Connecting... localhost ([::1]:3128)
> ERROR: Cannot connect to [::1]:3128
>

> CONFIG
> # Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
> http_access allow localhost manager
> http_access deny manager
>

> So??
> Thanks!

My guess is that your config file was only a sample, so:
- Is your squid listening on 3128 TCP? If not, pass -p <port> to squidclient.
- Is there a possibility that cachemgr access is disallowed by some other acl, placed above "http_access allow localhost manager" in config file?

--
Greets, Dijx