[squid-users] Squid 4.0.19 SSLBump Crashes

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed May 10 17:18:18 UTC 2017

On 05/10/2017 08:32 AM, Deniz Eren wrote:

> I'm testing squid squid-4.0.19-20170508-r15031 when I enable ssl-bump
> in intercept mode, after couple of SSL requests squid crashes

You have discovered one or two Squid bugs:

* Squid should handle exceptions when parsing SSL (without crashing);
* Squid must parse valid SSL (without throwing an exception).

To improve your chances of getting the bugs fixed, I recommend filing a
bug report in Bugzilla and attaching compressed whole-packet
to-and-from-Squid capture, captured while reproducing the problem (as
well as all the other artifacts you have provided, but updated to match
the packet capture).

If you can also test v5, please do so.

Thank you,