[squid-users] Squid error : ERR_CONNECT_FAIL, TAG_NONE/503 & TCP_MISS/503

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon May 8 14:41:26 UTC 2017

On 08/05/17 20:09, hoje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed squid 3.5.24 and have enable option '--enable-ssl'
> '--enable-ssl-crtd' and '--with-openssl’. Im using debian 8.7. Im want to
> use this squid to filter http & https traffic. I have no problem filtering
> http/https when using it with <10 users. If i connect it to 200+ users, i
> will get lots of ERR_CONNECT_FAIL, TAG_NONE/503 & TCP_MISS/503 in less than
> 10 minutes. Need some advice. Thank you.

I suspect that the problem is just one or a few of the users having
broken TLS/SSL or doing something weird with it.

First thing to do is ensure that the problem remains with the very
latest code. A whole bunch of bug fixes around the topic of error
handling during SSL-Bump processing steps have just landed in Squid-4.
The set started with some changes that made it into the 3.5.25 release.

So I suggest rebuilding with the 3.5.25 released code, or if the problem
remains the snapshot of Squid-4 which should be labeled r15031 or later.