[squid-users] Passing Windows username to parent proxy

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun May 7 19:22:23 UTC 2017

On 04/05/17 21:13, BurningSky wrote:
> I just read http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/LogFormat. The 8th column is
> showing - rather than a user name, could this be the issue? What causes a -
> to be shown rather than a users name and how can I get round this?

It indicates that no username is known to Squid. Since your requirement
is for credentials to be passed to the parent that is correct.

The "Windows" authentication methods (NTLM and Negotiate) are designed
for end-to-end uses so a proxy in the middle like your Squid cannot
participate when the auth details are needing to be sent further upstream.