[squid-users] 'Intercept' option on Windows

Tobias Tromm tobiastromm at msn.com
Sat May 6 21:08:18 UTC 2017

Hi Guys,

I am using squid on Windows (http://squid.diladele.com/), but, they don't compile it with support to 'intercept' option.

Is that possible to enable it for Windows on current version?

I am using a very old version 2.7STABLE 8 with support 'transparent' option on Windows, available here: http://squid.acmeconsulting.it/download/dl-squid.html (maybe someone who understand how it works, can port these option from the old system to the new system, I don't know exactly...).

Based on Squid documentation there is these options, but they dont apply to Windows:

- http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy#Concepts_of_Interception_Caching :

  *   For Linux configure Squid with the --enable-linux-netfilter option.

  *   For *BSD-based systems with IP filter configure Squid with the --enable-ipf-transparent option.

  *   If you're using OpenBSD's PF configure Squid with --enable-pf-transparent

Here is how diladele compile it:

https://docs.diladele.com/tutorials/build_squid_windows/index.html

If someone can help, thanks!