[squid-users] Squid Cache to Users at Full Bandwidth

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri May 5 18:04:39 UTC 2017

On Friday 05 May 2017 at 16:18:33, christian brendan wrote:

> Squid Version 3.5.20
> Cento 7
> Mikrotik RouterBoard v 6.39.1
> Users IP: 192.168.1.0/24
> Squid ip: 192.168.2.1
>
> Traffic to squid is routed
>
> i would like users to have full LAN bandwidth access to squid server, i
> have tried simple queue on mikrotik but it seems not to be working.

How does it "not seem to be working"?

A "queue" on the Mikrotik would normally be used to restrict bandwidth, not
increase it.  Please give details of how you have implemented this queue.

A few further questions:

1. Is Squid running on the Routerboard, or on a rather more capable machine?

2. If the client machines access the Internet directly (ie: not via Squid), do
they also go via the Routerboard?

3. How are you measuring bandwidth for the clients?

Antony.

--
I thought I had type A blood, but it turned out to be a typo.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.