[squid-users] Squid as Proxy/Web Filer only

Skyvolt Zoltar skyvolt at gmail.com
Wed May 3 18:54:14 UTC 2017

Hi, I am completely new to Squid.

I would like to know if it is possible to configure squid within my network
as a web filter only.

The scenario would be like this.

User's browser has proxy configuration > forwards all the browsers request
to Squid > squid does an analysis > squid forward to the default gateway of
my network.

But all that within the same IP address range. I have a router already
doing the routing from my internal to external network.

Or I cannot? Will Squid only work between two different network, with
different IP address (one IP for an internal interface and other for
external interface)?

Thank you.