[squid-users] HTTPS support

j m acctforjunk at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 18:26:36 UTC 2017

>So, redirect *external* connections to port 3128 to localhost 22, and then SSH
>to your home server on port 3128?

I think what you're saying is it's a port number issue, that certain ports are problematic.  But that doesn't seem to be the case.  I already run SSH on a non-standard port, and have tried moving SSH to squid's port after moving moving squid elsewhere; it still doesn't work.  In addition, I'm able to connect to an entirely different service I run on the same server.  So it seems SSH is being filtered
>Squid is an HTTP (and partly FTP) proxy, not a general-purpose TCP proxy.
This is the first I've been told this.  I personally don't know since I'm very proxy-illiterate.