[squid-users] hsc-dynamic-cache: relied on storeID rules? Removed in 3.5.20?

Eduardo Carneiro eduardoocarneiro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:18:52 UTC 2017

Hello everyone.

Answering Linda's questions:

- Yes, I tried to use the hsc helper in versions above 3.5.19. But I did not
succeed.
- There are no specific features in the versions above 3.5.19 that I need to
use. But, for security reasons, I'd rather use the newer versions.

I posted on this just because, as I said before, I'd rather use newer
versions. Anyway, when I have some free time, I'll try to fix it.

My knowledge on this is limited, but I also think this problem is something
wrong with Squid. Following the logic, today in 3.5.19 still works normally.
I can cache Youtube, Facebook, etc. However, when I use a version above
3.5.19 it simply stops working.

Finally, I repeat: My knowledge of this is limited. But I'll try to fix that
in the future.