[squid-users] hsc-dynamic-cache: relied on storeID rules? Removed in 3.5.20?

L A Walsh squid-user at tlinx.org
Mon Mar 27 19:26:08 UTC 2017

This caught my attention as my housemate tends to watch alot of
youtube videos, and caching some of them might speed up their
access, so was trying to understand what was meant in your post:

Yuri Voinov wrote:
> Things are changed in the web on regular basis. Nothing permanent in the
> world.
>
> So, store ID rules lost relevance and no longer work.

----
    Is the problem that "Store ID rules lost relevance" caused by a
change from squid 3.5.19 -> 3.5.20?

    That doesn't sound so much like a change on the web, but a change
in squid.

    Were storeID rules removed in 3.5.20?  If that's the case,
what might have replaced them?

@Eduardo: am I to understand that this plugin worked in 3.5.19, but
not in 3.5.20 and above?  (trying to get the versions right)

Also, Eduardo -- what specific features above 3.5.19 were you hoping
to include by upgrading?  I.e. is 3.5.19 not working for you for some
reason?  It might be easier to cherry pick changes that you needed from
some later version back into 3.5.19 if some major feature
(like storeID rules?) was removed after that version...

Thanks Yuri!
Linda