[squid-users] Why do we have to set pinger_enable to off to get Squid to work

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Mar 24 11:09:08 UTC 2017

Hey Gui,

The right way to allow pinger to work is to use the setuid bit ie:
$ chwon root.root /pinger_path/pinger
$ chmod +s /pinger_path/pinger

This will allow pinger to start as a root use by any of the machine users and in this case squid.
There might be another restriction by the OS but I am not sure since I am using my own packge for Ubuntu for now.

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/