[squid-users] Squid Transparent/intercept Issues

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Mar 20 15:56:17 UTC 2017

On Monday 20 March 2017 at 16:26:40, christian brendan wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Squid Cache: Version 3.5.20
> OS: CentOS 7
>
> I have used squid for quite some times non transparently and it works,
> problem kicks in when: http_port 3128 transparent is enabled.
> Access denied error page shows up when transparent is enabled
> ERRORThe requested URL could not be retrieved

How are you getting the packets to the Squid server for interception?

Is the Squid server in the default route between your clients and the
Internet, or are you redirecting the packets to the Squid server somehow?

Please give *details* of how you are intercepting and sending the packets to
Squid (eg: iptables rules, and which machine/s the rules are running on).

Antony.

--
Anything that improbable is effectively impossible.

 - Murray Gell-Mann, Nobel Prizewinner in Physics

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.