[squid-users] Squid Authentication with HTTP REST API

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Mar 20 08:27:39 UTC 2017

Hey Serhat,

The right way to support OAUTH2 or any similar idea would be using an ICAP
service or ECAP module(to my knowledge).
There might be a way to do it using an external_acl helper but I do not know
how and if it would be possible.

To my understanding OAUTH2 will use some redirection when a cookie is not
present and if present and valid then it will let you pass.
Also it will has a special token "portal" api which the OAUTH2 will redirect
towards in or order to get the cookie from the origin service.
In the backend when the request from the client to the api with the key will
be done the client token will be revalidated in the background
against the facebook or google or another OAUTH2 provider using the
developer API key.

Eliezer

----
http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/