[squid-users] SMP and AUFS

senor frio_cervesa at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 17 04:42:16 UTC 2017

Hi All,
In a thread with subject "squid workers question" Alex Rousskov has
stated that AUFS is not compatible with SMP mode. I need this clarified.

I understand that AUFS is not SMP aware but if each worker has its own
AUFS cache is there any problem other than the inefficiencies of
duplicate cache?

I'm pretty sure that AUFS is used with squid running in SMP mode a lot.
The squid wiki even has a CARP configuration example for this combination.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding the statements.

Senor