[squid-users] No failover when default parent proxy fails (Squid 3.5.12)

Jens Offenbach wolle5050 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 16 06:05:17 UTC 2017

Thanks for your quick response...

I have also configured, but the value seems not to be honored:
connect_timeout 30 seconds

The primary peer is down, but Squid does not print any "Dead parent" in the logs. Every HTTPS request is forwarded to the primary peer and it takes 1 minute until the secondary peer gets used, even with "connect_timeout 30 seconds". I think, I am facing the first issue that has been fixed by your patch.

Are there any plans to backport this fix to Xenial APT repositories or to create a new Debian package for Squid4/5?

Regards,
Jens