[squid-users] Squid Authentication with HTTP REST API

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Mar 15 02:03:42 UTC 2017

On 14/03/2017 8:15 p.m., Serhat Koroglu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any possibilty implementing an authentication through a custom XML Web Service or HTTP REST API? What should I check?

Squid supports the HTTP authentication framework (RFC 7235
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7235>). Squid is intentionally designed
not to touch the message payloads.

If the API uses custom headers then you can possibly do it with an
external_acl_type helper that takes those headers and returns
credentials to Squid.

But, if the API uses message payloads you will likely need something
like an ICAP service or eCAP module to do the payload processing.