[squid-users] debugging squid memory

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 10 18:00:06 UTC 2017

Hello,

as I have already noted in other thread, I seem to have memory leak in squid
3.4.8 (debian 8 jessie) version, only memory cache used now.

Looking at cacti graphs, seems that memory usage grows by half-hour or hour
jumps. Is there any job done periodically in squid?

and if there's nothing like that, and I'd like to debug squid memory usage
to see, if there's a leak:
are there any useful hints (including: don't do it)?

- which debug_options to use (13, 19, 59, 63)?

- can I find out anything by squidclient or cachemgr.cgi
   (looking at vm_objects didn't found anything useful).

- any hint what to search for in logs?

Thanks.

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.