[squid-users] squid workers question

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Mar 10 11:50:38 UTC 2017

Just to add that one of my current test labs of squid is a combination of:
1 haproxy as balancer(or a custom LB I wrote)
2+ squid instances with the proxy protocol enabled and each has it's own ufs\aufs cache_dir

The idea was to verify if it would be possible to let different instances communicate via htcp\icp as the "signaling" or "communication" channel instead of shared memory.
The situation is that I cannot continue testing it since there is a bug with the sibling proxies communication.

I would be happy if this is will be resolved and then the test might be able to let couple squid instances that runs on the same machine to be able to utilize aufs\ufs better(taking into account that there is an overhead to this whole setup..) for some places.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator