[squid-users] Setting Up Squid - my scenario

S V Hareesh harishmeetsu at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 17:30:28 UTC 2017

Here is the conf file.
http_port 3128cache_peer <corp_proxy_IP> parent <Parent_proxy_port> 0 no-query default proxy-only login=NEGOTIATE
acl manager proto cache_objectacl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0http_access allow allnever_direct allow allicp_access deny all
cache_effective_user squid#cache_effective_group wheel
max_filedescriptors 3200 I am not sure what is it that I am missing. I have been wire sharking both the resultant packets when using CNTLM and when using squid, I can see the proxy auth header piece in the Squid packet missing.
CheersS.V.Hareeshhttp://svhareesh.blogspot.com

    On Thursday, 9 March 2017 5:20 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

 On 10/03/2017 6:00 a.m., S V Hareesh wrote:
> Ok, I tried that but it didnt work. I can put a conf file here. As a
> start I am currently in a scenario trying to replace a simple CNTLM
> HTTP proxy with Squid. I want to configure one account which
> authenticates with parent proxy send the downstream requests with out
> taking any creds.

If your CNTLM was running on the Squid machine and using the credentials
for the service account you have setup Squid to use now - then the
cache_peer login=NEGOTIATE should make Squid operate as equivalent to
what CNTLM was doing.

The config file would be useful for anyone who follows up (not just me,
who will be out of time shortly for another few days).

Also, if you can track what HTTP messages are happening and whether the
Kerberos is working properly for the Squid->parent messages it would be
useful.

The current Squid can provide HTTP details in cache.log with
"debug_options 11,2". I'm not sure how you would test the Kerberos on a
Windows installation, but the Negotiate auth headers in those messages
might give a few clues anyway.

HTH
Amos