[squid-users] microsoft edge and proxy auth not working

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 9 16:12:04 UTC 2017

On 8/03/2017 11:28 p.m., Rietzler, Markus (RZF, Aufg 324 /
<RIETZLER_SOFTWARE>) wrote:
> i should add that we are using squid 3.5.24.

Try with "auth_param ntlm keep_alive off". Recently the browsers have
been needing that.

Though frankly I am surprised if Edge supports NTLM at all. It was
deprecated in April 2006 and MS announced removal was being actively
pushed in all thier software since Win7.

Not specifically. There should be 1+ for NTLM. Success with NTLM shows
2+. Failure shows 1 or 3 or infinite loop (hello Safari and Firefox 30-ish).

>> winbind/samba itself seems to work, as I can do an user auth against
>> apache with winbind/samba - even over some squid proxies with
>> connection-auth allowed. but not for proxy-auth.
>> is there any option in squid.conf which prevents Edge to do a successful
>> auth?

If other software succeeds then the only thing that might be related is
the keep-alive option mentioned above. Otherwise the problem is in Edge
itself.