[squid-users] Setting Up Squid - my scenario

Hareesh harishmeetsu at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 22:16:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a requirement to setup Squid behind a corporate proxy. The corporate
proxy uses Kerberos for authentication and people will need to set their
systems/laptops/desktops to use a specified port and host name of that proxy
to connect to internet.

However to make our applications on various platforms connect to internet
seamlessly as needed, we decided to configure a proxy that forwards the
requests to corporate proxy with out taking any creds from its users. I am
looking for something similar to CNTLM but which can also support Kerberos
and be more stable. I am assuming that by using specific directives it is
possible to set a http proxy using squid that doesn't take user's details
but authenticates with parent proxy using its own creds and provide access
to internet.

Is this feasible to be implemented using Squid at the first place? If yes,
how can this be achieved? What are the directives that can be used as an
example? As a first time user, its highly confusing to understand how these
directives can be used in specific scenarios.

Thanks!