[squid-users] squid 3.5.2==> HTTPS FATAL: The ssl_crtd helpers are crashing too rapidly, need help!

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Mar 3 00:32:14 UTC 2017

Hey Yuri,

This issue is not 100% squid but I think it's related to the way ssl_crtd works.
I am not sure if it has some locking or other things to prevent such issues.
The first solution is to somehow defend the DB from corruption, like in a case that more then a dozen identical requests are being done towards a single site and two ssl_crtd helpers are trying to do the same things.
I believe that something to fence this should already be inside squid and ssl_crtd but I am pretty sure this is the main issue.

Alex and his team should know the answer for this subject and if I'm not wrong theoretically there are couple ways to prevent the mentioned issues.
I had a plan to try and understand the ssl_crtd code and interface but yet to do so.

I hope this issue will be resolved in a way that it can be backported to 3.5 in the worst case.

Eliezer

----
http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/
Linux System Administrator