[squid-users] Build errors with Squid 3.5.24 under Debian

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 2 08:14:18 UTC 2017

On 2/03/2017 8:38 p.m., L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Amos,
>
> Now im bit confused. ( sorry english is not my native language )
>
> In my situation.
> 1) i (normaly) only use debian packages.
> 2) if i build newer that supplied by debian, like squid,
> i use the debian packages as base for the setup then i build a debian package and install that.
>
> Now with debian stretch i see libssl1.0-dev and libssl1.1 in the tree.
> I can still use libssl1.0-dev to build squid with ssl support?

Yes. Exactly so.

On stretch Squid-3 builds with libssl1.0-dev and Squid-4 builds with
libssl-dev.

> Even when debian stretch installs openssl 1.1.0?

Only the *-dev package matters when building. The run-time stuff is
handled automatically by the packaging system and apt.

Due to other packages you will probably end up with both the 1.0 and 1.1
runtime libraries installed anyway, but that does not matter.

> And thank you for clarifing in advanced.
> And now i understand at least why i had problems building on stretch. :-)

Welcome.