[squid-users] Squid Version 3.5.20

Flashdown flashdown at data-core.org
Tue Jun 27 15:37:25 UTC 2017

Well, I know that issue very good and google is the issue since they should put their captcha on a own subdomain. Then we could effectivley allow only the access to the captcha.

Until that there is no good way to achive this. But there is a non reliable way of blocking google.com

First allow the Connect method for google.com
Acl CONNECT method CONNECT
acl sslconnect dstdomain -i www.google.com
http_access allow CONNECT sslconnect
Then use an url regex and allow google.com/recaptcha

This way sometimes www.google.com is blocked, sometimes not. But access to recaptcha will always work.

Why we can't block it reliable? Well when   browser/client wants to connect to  https website then the firsr thing the browser trie is open a ssl tunnel to the FQDN
As soon as the tunnel is up it will request the ressource. May it helps if you add a url regex deny between allowing the connect method and allowing the url www.google.com/recaptcha

Written on  my mobile..

Br,
Flashdown