[squid-users] Squid reject self-signed SSL certificate of ICAP server

Nikita jne100 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:15:21 UTC 2017

Hello, I'm trying to integrate Squid with secure ICAP server over icaps://
protocol for two-way authentication (icap_service configuration directive).

I find out that Squid reject self-signed certificate of ICAP server and
there is no obvious workaround.

There is tls-flags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER flag, but in this case Squid don't send
it's own certificate to ICAP server, so more accurate workaround needed.
sslproxy_cert_error configuration directive with ssl_error acltype don't
help as well.

Is it possible to allow self-signed SSL certificates for ICAP server
connections somehow? Probably I miss some obvious solution since I have no
experience in Squid configuration.