[squid-users] Do peek and stare function exact same at step 1? Also does dstdom_regex work in ssl_bump?

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:16:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

I was referring to:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice#Actions

Based on explanation I wonder if peek and stare are exactly same at step 1?

If yes, which one should I use at step 1? peek or stare?

I am asking because in future their function may change (at step 1).

My intention is to bump as much traffic as can be done. (at step 3)

Currently:
At step 1 I peek most traffic (and splice traffic originating from some IPs)
At step 2 I stare most traffic (and splice exempted domains)
At step 3 everything is bumped.

If peek and stare are same at step 1, I may change peek to stare so that
it looks consistent.

My 2nd question is:

In the above link it is mentioned under "Configuration Examples" that:
"At no point during ssl_bump processing will dstdomain ACL work. That
ACL relies on HTTP message details that are not yet decrypted"

Does it hold true for dstdom_regex as well? Because both seem to apply
to same thing.

Thanks and regards,

Amish.