[squid-users] Squid authentication problem

Sonya Roy sonyaroy75 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 05:50:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am running squid on a server with multiple public IPs and I want some
users to be able to access the proxy through some of the IPs and other
users through other IPs.

At the moment I have acl rules of the form:-
acl abcd myip x.x.x.x

and for these acl rules I have these tcp_outgoing_address:-
tcp_outgoing_address x.x.x.x abcd

And earlier I had proxy_auth acl rules separately, but that allowed any
authenticated users to be able to access the proxy through any of those
IPs. Since I wanted some users to be able to use the server through some
IPs and others through different IPs, I tried this in those acl rules:-

acl abcd myip x.x.x.x proxy_auth user1

and so on. But this doesn't seem to work and I realized that the proxy_auth
acl rules need to be separate than these. Is there any workaround for this?

With regards,
Sonya Roy